Trained volunteers are available in person to help prepare and submit federal income tax returns.
Please bring all necessary materials such as proof of residency, W-2 and 1099 forms, social security number, and any necessary receipts and wage forms.
This program is sponsored by Food Bank for New York City
For more information, please email email@example.com or call Sister Victoria at 718-388-8176
Tax Preparation Checklist
- A photo ID for you and your spouse (if filing a joint return). If you have a state ID or driver’s license, you must have it with you when filing, or your tax return may be delayed.
- Social Security cards* (originals or copies) or ITIN (originals or copies) for you and anyone you are claiming on your tax return; or a letter from the Social Security Administration.
- If you are claiming childcare expenses, the amount you paid and the childcare agency’s ID, or the name and Social Security Number of the childcare provider.
- A sample check or a bank statement with the routing and account number, if you have a savings or checking account for direct deposit.
- Form 1098-T if you paid tuition for post-high school education.
- If you are filing a joint return, both you and your spouse must be present.
- W-2s for all jobs you held in the prior year and all 1099 forms paid in cash or personal checks. You must also know your total income and deductible expenses for the year.
- If you purchased health insurance through the marketplace and were eligible for the premium tax credit, please bring form 1095-A.
- If you are a victim of identity theft, bring your IP-PIN (Individual Protection- Personal Identification Number) assigned by the IRS.
- Any other tax-related information you may have received.